SARAH CHIN YUAN CHING
Sarah is a commercial litigator who works on corporate and commercial disputes, fraud and asset recovery and aviation law matters.
She has advised and assisted in proceedings involving complex contractual disputes, shareholders’ disputes and the recovery of funds in cross-border disputes.
Sarah graduated from Cardiff University and was awarded with a Distinction in her Master of Laws (LL.M.) Dissertation on Company Law on minority shareholders at Cardiff University. She is a Barrister-at-Law (Middle Temple).
Key Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation
- Fraud and Asset Recovery
- Aviation Law Disputes
- Advised and acted for an aggrieved shareholder in bringing an oppression action.
- Advised a subsidiary of the Government of Malaysia in a contractual dispute with over RM25 million at stake.
- Advising and acting as a junior counsel for an e-commerce company in Malaysia in defending a breach of contract claim.
- Assisted in advising a wholly-owned subsidiary of a multinational corporation. Secured judgment for over RM14 million and a post-judgment Mareva injunction against its former employee for misappropriation of funds.
- Advising and acting as a junior counsel for an American private company in obtaining a High Court judgment for over USD7.55 million in a fraud claim.
- Acting for a US-based aircraft and aviation investment firm against Malaysia-based lessees for the recovery of approximately RM36.4 million arising from breach of aircraft leasing agreements.
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2021)
- LL.M. BPTC, Cardiff University (2020)
- LL.B. (Hons), Cardiff University (2018)