PANG HUEY LYNN
Lynn is a corporate and commercial litigator. She has been active in restructuring and insolvency work, corporate disputes, and fraud and asset recovery matters.
In the field of restructuring and insolvency, she has acted in schemes of arrangement and assisted with securing restraining orders. She is working with the team in acting for judicial managers of the subsidiaries of a public listed company.
She was the junior counsel in obtaining Malaysia’s first-ever ‘persons unknown’ injunction in a matter involving a push payment fraud.
She obtained her BA Law from the University of Cambridge and is a Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn).
Key Practice Areas
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Fraud and Asset Recovery
- Commercial Litigation
- Acting as junior counsel for the public-listed Top Builders Capital Bhd (formerly Ikhmas Jaya Group Bhd) and its two subsidiaries in an ongoing scheme of arrangement and the restraining order proceedings.
- Acting as junior counsel for the judicial manager of three subsidiaries of Scomi Energy Services Bhd. Obtained orders for extensions of time for the tabling of the statement of proposal, and an order for directions for the holding of a virtual meeting. Successfully obtained an extension of the judicial management order.
- Acting as junior counsel in opposing leave to proceed against a wound-up confectionary company.
- Assisting counsel for Boustead Naval Shipyard Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary within the Boustead Group, in its scheme of arrangement.
- Assisted counsel for Prestariang SKIN Sdn Bhd, the subsidiary of the public-listed Prestariang Group Bhd, in its scheme of arrangement. The scheme has been sanctioned by the court.
- Acting as junior counsel for a German chemicals company in securing Malaysia’s first-ever persons unknown injunction in the form of a Mareva freezing injunction and the first known proprietary injunction in Malaysia, against unknown fraudsters. The court also allowed substituted service of court papers by way of email and a Dropbox link. See: Zschimmer & Schawrz GmbH & Co KG Chemische Fabriken v Persons Unknown & Anor  7 MLJ 178.
- Subsequently, acted as junior counsel to secure Malaysia's first-ever self-identification order against the persons unknown.
- Assisting counsel in acting for a company in an application to obtain leave for judicial review against the Government of Malaysia and a minister’s decision.
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2020)
- Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn) (2019)
- BA Law, University of Cambridge (2018)