PANG HUEY LYNN
Lynn is a corporate and commercial litigator. She has been active in restructuring and insolvency work, corporate disputes, and fraud and asset recovery matters.
In the field of restructuring and insolvency, she has acted in schemes of arrangement and assisted with securing restraining orders. She has acted for the judicial managers of the subsidiaries of a public listed company. She also acts for liquidators.
She was the junior counsel in obtaining Malaysia’s first-ever ‘persons unknown’ injunction in a matter involving a push payment fraud.
She obtained her BA Law from the University of Cambridge and is a Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn).
Key Practice Areas
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Fraud and Asset Recovery
- Commercial Litigation
- Acted as junior counsel for Top Builders Capital Bhd and two of its subsidiaries as part of its ongoing schemes of arrangement involving more than RM550 million of debt. Successfully obtained a restraining order and resisted leave to proceed: see Re Top Builders Capital Bhd & Ors  10 MLJ 327. Successfully obtained the sanction order and determined novel issues for scheme of arrangement law, including on discounting of related creditors' votes, proof of debt, and virtual scheme meetings: see Re Top Builders Capital Bhd & Ors  MLJU 1 .
- Acting as junior counsel for Boustead Naval Shipyard Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary within the Boustead Group, in the ongoing scheme of arrangement and restraining order proceedings.
- Acting as junior counsel for Alam Maritim Resources Berhad and its subsidiary in the ongoing scheme of arrangement and restraining order proceedings.
- Acted as junior counsel for the judicial manager of three subsidiaries of a public-listed oil and gas company. Successfully applied to strike out a suit against the judicial manager commenced without leave of the judicial management Court.
- Acted as junior counsel in opposing leave to proceed against a wound-up confectionary company. Successfully obtained a stay of execution pending appeal against the High Court’s decision to grant leave.
- Assisted counsel for Prestariang SKIN Sdn Bhd, the subsidiary of the public-listed Prestariang Group Bhd, in its scheme of arrangement. The scheme has been sanctioned by the court.
- Acting as junior counsel for a German chemicals company in securing Malaysia’s first-ever persons unknown injunction in the form of a Mareva freezing injunction and the first known proprietary injunction in Malaysia, against unknown fraudsters. The court also allowed substituted service of court papers by way of email and a Dropbox link. See: Zschimmer & Schawrz GmbH & Co KG Chemische Fabriken v Persons Unknown & Anor  7 MLJ 178 .
- Subsequently, acted as junior counsel to secure Malaysia's first-ever self-identification order against the persons unknown: see Zschimmer & Schwarz GmbH & Co KG Chemische Fabriken v Persons Unknown & Anor (No 2)  3 CLJ 587
- Acting as junior counsel for a company in obtaining leave for judicial review against the Government of Malaysia and a minister’s decision, and in successfully opposing the appeal against the High Court’s decision to grant leave to proceed with judicial review proceedings: see Dhaya Maju LTAT Sdn Bhd v Kerajaan Malaysia & Anor  MLJU 1149.
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2020)
- Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn) (2019)
- BA Law, University of Cambridge (2018)
- Speaker, CLJ Webinar on Rescuing Distressed Corporates - The Changing Restructuring Landscape (2021).
- Speaker, Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee, Year 2021 in Review - #2 Restructuring and insolvency Cases (2021).