MICHELLE YEOH PEI JEN
Michelle is a commercial litigator. She has been active in commercial and corporate disputes, fraud and asset recovery matters and aviation law disputes.
In the field of fraud and asset recovery, she assisted with securing urgent injunctions and executed a Delivery Up Order and Mareva freezing injunction. She is working with the team in fraud investigations and fraud and asset recovery litigation.
Michelle graduated with an LL.B (Hons) from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and is a Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn). She also holds an LL.M from The University of Law, London. She completed the first seat of her pupillage in the dispute resolution team of one of the largest and leading law firms in Malaysia.
Key Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Fraud and Asset Recovery
- Aviation Law Disputes
- Assisting counsel for a subsidiary of an oil and gas parent company in recovering company funds worth approximately RM19 million, which was allegedly misappropriated by its Chief Executive Officer, employees and suppliers. This involved the execution of a Delivery Up Order and a Mareva freezing injunction.
- Assisting counsel for a US-based aircraft and aviation investment firm against Malaysia-based lessees for the recovery of approximately RM36.4 million arising from a breach of aircraft leasing agreements.
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2021)
- Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn) (2019)
- LL.M, The University of Law, London (2019)
- LL.B (Hons), London School of Economics and Political Science (2018)