Lily is a commercial litigator, with a focus on international arbitration and regulatory enforcement.
In the field of international arbitration, she has successfully assisted in challenging the jurisdiction of SIAC in administering the ICC Rules. For regulatory enforcement, she is also involved in advising companies on possible securities market misconduct.
Lily obtained her LL.B from University of Malaya where she graduated with the Dato’ Rajasooria Book Prize (Overall Best Student Award).
Key Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Regulatory Enforcement
- Acting as junior counsel in a commercial litigation between multinational corporations involving a dispute of more than RM60 million.
- Acting as junior counsel in a SIAC Arbitration involving a dispute between multinational corporations for a sum of USD20 million.
- Assisting counsel in opposing an anti-arbitration injunction for an arbitration commenced in SIAC involving a multinational corporation and the state.
- Assisted in one of the lawsuits for a major contractor involved in the construction of a major highway in Malaysia.
- Assisted in one of the lawsuits for a major resort in one of the first few cases under the Interest Schemes Act 2016.
- Advised a public listed company in a possible enforcement action.
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2020)
- LL.B (Hons), University of Malaya (2019)
- Sukuk As An Alternative Investment Vehicle: Published In The University Malaya Law Review Hardcopy Journal Volume 3 (2019).
- Talk during the AIAC Mooting Workshop (A Star is Born) - ICC Reaching for the Stars Session – How to Train Your Oralist.