Chua Yi Xin
Yi Xin is a commercial litigator and works on commercial and corporate disputes, fraud investigations, and fraud and asset recovery litigation.
In fraud and recovery matters, she has worked on obtaining urgent freezing and search orders to secure information and assets in aid of material litigation in recovery of misappropriated company funds. She is also involved in liaising with enforcement agencies such as the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission.
She has worked on matters involving corporate disputes - in matters relating to breaches of directors' fiduciary duties, shareholders' agreements and winding-up.
Yi Xin obtained her LL.B from the Queen Mary, University of London and is a Barrister-at-Law (Middle Temple). She commenced her pupillage in one of the largest and leading law firms in Malaysia, and she continued her pupillage with Lim Chee Wee Partnership when the firm was established.
Key Practice Areas
- Corporate Litigation and Shareholder Disputes
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Fraud and Asset Recovery
- Advising and acting for a leading global designer, manufacturer, and integrator of complex gas flow control products in a claim of alleged misrepresentation under a share purchase agreement.
- Advising and acting for a foreign private equity firm involving a dispute with a BVI-incorporated company, in relation to interim relief in aid of arbitration proceedings in the Singapore International Arbitration Centre.
- Advising and acting for a subsidiary of Deleum Berhad in recovering misappropriated company funds up to RM19 million against the subsidiaries’ directors, employees, and sub-contractors.
- Advising and acting in a arrange of interlocutory applications including the execution of a Delivery Up Order and Mareva freezing injunction and liaising with investigating officers from the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Advising a state economic development corporation in recovering misappropriated company funds misappropriated against its officers, employees and third parties.
- Acting for a subsidiary of Japanese public-listed company in a claim for more than RM150 million against 20 defendants for alleged fraud, dishonest assistance and conspiracy.
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2020)
- Barrister-at-Law (Middle Temple) (2019)
- LL.B (Hons), Queen Mary, University of London (2018)